Our head bootfitter, Marc Stewart, is a life-long skier with almost an equal amount of time fitting ski boots, and is among the most accomplished fitters in the industry. As both a PSIA level III instructor and a member of MasterFit University’s teaching staff, he knows how equipment can assist or hinder a skier’s ability to progress and perform to their potential. He’s helped hundreds of skiers from international level racers and professional ski instructors to those who are brand new to the sport.
His goal is to match the appropriate boots to a given skier based on their unique anatomy, personal skiing style, and ability. In a nutshell…He wants your skiing to be as comfortable and as effortless as possible.
Using creative approaches based on years of experience, Marc customizes boots to address a skier’s comfort, performance, and biomechanics to get their boots perfectly dialed in. Marc provides high-level expert service to every customer in a low pressure, friendly atmosphere.
We specialize in stance balancing & alignment and on-snow evaluations, ski specific custom footbeds and prescription / sport orthotics, and the full array of boot & liner modifications. No boot fit issue is too challenging or unique. So, if you’re in the market for a new pair of boots, would like to enhance the comfort and performance of your current boots, or simply have questions stop by the shop. You can also email or call Marc to schedule an appointment.
- Custom bootfitting since 1989
- Board certified Pedorthist
- PSIA Rocky Mountain level III instructor
- Boot tester for Ski & Skiing magazines annual gear review.
- Instructor at MasterFit University, the snowsports industry boot fitter training centers teaching the art of bootfitting to ski industry and medical professionals throughout the US, Austria, and Australia
- Former owner/operator of the Southwest Orthotic Lab, Taos, NM
• Shell and liner customization
• Stance / balancing and alignment
• Custom footbeds and gait-based orthotics
• Consultation on fit / boot selection